Based in Vancouver, Canada
3 Oct, 2017
Building Block Heroes is a true puzzle platformer in which you use coloured blocks to build pathways around each level to free the Jollyfolk from their cages. Simultaneously control both building blocks and heroes, with a friend or by yourself, in this colourful romp through a cartoony and exotic hand-painted world. Players play as one of the four Building Block Heroes, who each possess unique abilities with which to perform their heroic deeds. As they traverse the 99 levels of Building Block Heroes, players will encounter new obstacles in their way and challenge enormous mechanical Mechafolk bosses who seek to stop them by any means necessary. Explore different lands, use special powers, and combat various enemies as you construct the means to save the Jollyfolk!
Building Block Heroes is essentially the sum of my life experiences all rolled into a colourful little package. My mother worked in a library during my childhood and would often bring home Asterix and Tintin comics, which instilled in me a keen interest in artistic endeavours. As I hit my teenage years this penchant for getting lost in alternate worlds extended into a love of video games, in all their 16- and 32-bit glory! The way video games combined so many different disciplines inspired my imagination and caused me to spend countless hours designing games on paper. Finally, earning a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science provided my with the last piece of the puzzle needed to develop my own games. With all these skills and interests, it was a natural progression to creating Building Block Heroes. With the exception of royalty-free sound effects, I created everything in Building Block Heroes - every line of code, every piece of art, and every song in the soundtrack.
- Build your own stairways and bridges to navigate around obstacles and pits!
- Four unique characters, each with their own unique abilities! Dash across gaps as Heatwave, conjure blocks of ice as Ice Queen, soar through the air as Airhead, or smash through blocks as Dirtbag!
- A puzzle game with boss fights! Bosses will do everything in their power to smash your colourful creations. Build your way to reach each boss's weak point as they launch powerful attacks to stop you.
- Use blocks to avoid enemies that try to stop you from reaching the Jollyfolk.
- Each area in the game introduces a new challenge - from moving platforms to irresistible ocean currents that sweep you away, no two areas are alike!
Main Trailer YouTube
Co-op Trailer YouTube
Sample Boss Fight YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "...in practice, the simultaneous platforming and block-matching work rather well together."
- Astrid Johnson, IndieHaven
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
IndieDB contains a detailed development blog discussing every aspect of the game in detail: indiedb.com.
Building Block Heroes on Steam
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com.
I'm Aggroblakh, a solo indie game developer based in beautiful BC who prefers to spend his time indoors making games instead of going outside, getting a real job, spending time with friends, or being a productive human being.
More information on Aggroblakh, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Building Block Heroes Credits
Inquiries, Support, and Press Requests